Advanced Placement allows you to enter an MRI or DMS educational program beyond the normal entry level.
If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
For a list of Museums and More Information …
While women are twice as likely to experience post-traumatic stress, it is a disorder that affects both genders and all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic barriers. The extreme stress and anxi
Water is cheap and healthy. And drinking H2O is an effective way for most people to stay hydrated. The National A
That’s according to a new joint report from U.S. careers advice site TopInterview and job search platform Resume-Library, which ranked personality among the top three factors most employers look for in new hires.
We thank all of our graduates and employers for their continued commitment to the excellence of our progra
While there is still a concerted effort being made to put an end to the destruction that has already been caused and, hopefully, reverse it, there is st
MRI / DMS Advanced Placement
Advanced Placement might be a good option if you want to earn ARRT MRI or DMS certification and registration, but can’t because you:
- Completed a professional educational program in MRI or DMS that isn’t accredited by an agency ARRT recognizes.
- You have not earned an associate degree or higher (Candidates who completed their program of study after December 31, 2014 are subject to the Associates Degree requirement).
- Became ineligible for certification and registration as a result of three unsuccessful examination attempts within three years
- Became ineligible for certification and registration because your three -year exam eligibility time expired
If you fit one of those situations, Advanced Placement—in which you enter an educational program at a point beyond the normal entry level—is the program for you.
How Do I Know If I Qualify for Advanced Placement?
- You must have previously completed an educational program in MRI or DMS.
- An official transcript of all postsecondary education must be submitted.
- The Program Director will evaluate the candidate’s current knowledge and skills using the same didactic and clinical competency evaluation methods used for students not admitted under advanced placement.
What Does the Evaluation Consist Of?
- Didactic competency evaluation involves the administration of written final examinations to assess whether the candidates has mastered the subject matter.
- Clinical competence is performed at the end of the program and involves actual performance of clinical procedures (as defined by ARRT’s clinical competency requirements in addition to any programmatic requirements above and beyond those of ARRT). Assessment of clinical skills and procedure competency follows the same evaluation criteria used for students not admitted under advanced placement.
What Courses Will I Be Required to Take?
- If you do not demonstrate sufficient didactic knowledge in any of the core courses, you must take and complete the entire course to gain the appropriate knowledge.
- One semester of clinical practicum. Competencies must be proved in all required clinical procedures as defined by ARRT’s clinical competency requirements and any College program requirements above and beyond those of ARRT.
- a. If student does not pass all required competencies, student will be required to take additional externship hours.
- All candidates, regardless of degree status, are required to fulfill the general education requirements of the MRI and DMS Programs. Transfer credit is available for general education courses if course is equivalent in academic content, credit hours and quality of course.
- MRI Program specific requirements:
- MRI 132 MRI Patient Care and Management
- MRI MRR 300 Course and Clinical App Review
- Pass the ARRT MRI Mock Exam
- DMS Program specific requirements:
- DMS SPI Review and pass the SPI Mock Exam
- DMS 300 Program Review
- Pass the DMS ARRT Mock Exam
Upon completion of Casa Loma College’s Advanced Placement Program, an Associate of Science Degree in either Magnetic Resonance Imaging or Diagnostic Medical Sonography will be awarded.
If you are looking for advice on your next step, please contact our Admissions Office at email@example.com