- This event has passed.
MRI Application Deadline
Mar 8 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST
MRI Application Deadline
Get your application in by March 8th and be among the select who gain admittance into the MRI Program.
MRI ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
Casa Loma College thanks you for your interest in our MRI program. We know that you will enjoy your learning experience with us here on campus and into the clinical environment. MRI is professionally a very rewarding career choice. The MRI Team looks forward to meeting you at your entrance interview. The MRI Program requires the commitment of an enthusiastic and dedicated student. It also takes a student willing and devoted to study and learning and one who comes into the program with either a background in healthcare or with a good understanding of what the healthcare filed and this program consist of.
MRI Technologists are expected to demonstrate a few characteristics naturally; including, but not limited to:
Professionalism and respectful communication
Proactive critical thinker operating well under pressure
- Being able to appreciate and respect: demographic, ethnic, cultural and religious differences
- Professional enthusiasm and basic understanding
- Academic focus and commitment
MRI Admissions Policy:
The requirements for acceptance in to the MRI Program are:
- Passing of the TABE Entrance Exam
- College Admissions Essay
- We look for clear writing that comes to life on the page and offers insight into the character and personality of the student. The essay gives the student the opportunity to introduce themselves to the admissions committee; to show who you are and what’s important to you. Try to keep your answer focused.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Suggestions: Teacher from high school or college who knows the student’s academic ability and potential; person who knows the student in a unique setting; church or community people who know the student well;
coaches or people the student is involved with in activities, clubs, etc.. Family members, relatives or friends should not write letters of recommendations.
- Professional Resume
- MRI Panel Interview
College Admissions Essay Instructions
Questions are below. Applicants are required to answer Question 1 and then will answer two additional questions of your choosing.
- How long should the essay be?
- 1 to 2 pages single spaced or 2 to 3 double spaced is about the typical length. As for a minimum, no less than 250 words.
- Required: Describe yourself: Write about you – how you spend your time, what makes you tick, what keeps you up at night, what matters to you. Come up with something that is uniquely you.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- You’ve just reached your one millionth hit on your YouTube video. What is the video about?”
- What do you hope to find over the rainbow
- Describe your favorite “ah ha” moment
- What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today and why?
Please contact our Admissions Department for further assistance, (818)785-2726
The MRI Program Director, Faculty and Support Team and the Admissions Department wish you the best of luck!