- This event has passed.
DMS Application Deadline
How to apply for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program:
- Personal interview and tour of campus.
- Complete entrance assessments as required.
- Provide official proof of high school graduation or its equivalent (GED) Official documentation must be received and reviewed prior to start.
- Submit required DMS Portfolio to include:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from persons unrelated to the applicant
- Applicants professional resume including any prior post-secondary education
- Online research of the process of becoming a registered technologist (certifications)
- What different registries/specialties can one obtain? Which do you see yourself doing?
- Field Research or Class Audit: Applicants may choose either option below
- Method 1- Field Research: Interview an Ultrasound technologist and attain at a minimum the following information:
• Name and registry held (ARDMS/ARRT) held by technologist
• Professional experience and specialty (Abdomen/ OBGYN, etc.)
• What are their technical duties in imaging and reporting
• Most satisfying part of their job.
• Biggest challenge they felt in achieving their goal of becoming a technologist
• The worst part of the job
• Compensation and benefits
• Advancement opportunities
• At conclusion of interview, submit a minimum two page typed essay of your interview. Indicate what you learned about how to become a registered sonographer through your online research and the information gathered from your interview. Also, include what you feel you will be able to offer the imaging community professionally.
- Method 2- Class Audit: Audit 1 classroom lecture or 1 lab class for no less than one hour.
• Interview an instructor and current student(s) in regard to program requirements and expectations. Write an assessment of your understanding of the program its goals and challenges the program presents through your audit. Please include the following information in your submittal.
o The name of the instructor/student(s) interviewed
o How do you become registered as a professional technologist?
o What different registry/specialty can one obtain? Which do you see yourself doing?
o What was the student’s most enjoyable educational experience thus far and why?
o What does the student feel is his/her biggest challenge thus far?
o Generally, how does the ultrasound machine generate an image?
o What are the best uses for ultrasound?
o At conclusion of lecture/lab audit, submit a minimum two page typed essay of your experience and a summary of your research. Indicate what you learned about how to become a registered sonographer through your online research and the information gathered from your interview. Also include, what you feel you will be able to offer the imaging community professionally?
• Meet with Financial Aid to start the financial aid process
• Payment of Processing Fee
• Complete enrollment agreement and all required disclosure forms
• Complete Program Panel Interview
To complete the admissions process and prior to the start of the DMS Program, students are required to take Introduction to Online Learning. This is a mandatory two (2) week online course that will help the student to have a successful online experience and to confirm the student has the skills and competencies needed to succeed in their online classes.
In addition, a mandatory orientation is held on campus for all accepted DMS Program students prior to the DMS program start. Dates will be announced. Students who do not attend the entire orientation will forfeit their seat in the Program.
Please contact our Director of Admissions, Nicholas at Nicholas.email@example.com