If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
Have you ever finished a conversation and realized that you still had a ton of questions or comments and are actually not really sure what the end result of the conversation was? Or for that matter, do certain conversations leave you completely drained and feeling sort of spacey?
These are all signs that what’s happening isn’t really communication in the true sense
“What’s your passion?”
These students, having a passion that matches their skill set with reality aligning ever so perfectly, answer effortlessly. “Well, I’ve always been passionate about helping children, I love science and everyone in my family is a doctor, so I definitely want to pursue that field. I want to be a pediatrician. In fact, I have since I was little.
are under attack every single day!
Additives to “enhance” flavor, preservatives to “protect” texture, and a mul
While women are twice as likely to experience post-traumatic stress, it is a disorder that affects both genders and all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic barriers. The extreme stress and anxi
Water is cheap and healthy. And drinking H2O is an effective way for most people to stay hydrated. The National A
Registered Nursing to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
Students seeking admission to the Registered Nursing to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the online application and submit non-refundable processing fee.
- Meet the college general admissions requirements
- Exception: applicants for the RN to BSN program are not required to take admissions exam
- A current, unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Students awaiting their licensure may be admitted as a Pre-RN-BSN student, if they meet all other admissions criteria, but must show proof of licensure prior to entering the second semester. Failure to present a valid RN license will result in dismissal from the college until such time license is current and unencumbered.
- Official transcripts from a fully accredited Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing program.
- Official transcripts from all other postsecondary work completed
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one reference should be from current or recent nursing faculty, RNs who have supervised your work, or a professional who has supervised your work. The second can be from a co-worker or other professional reference).
- Prior to admission, specific general education courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher. Students not transferring in the required lower division general education courses, will be required to complete the general education courses before full admission in to the RN-BSN program will be granted.
- Human Anatomy + lab
- Human Physiology + lab
- General Microbiology + lab
- General College Chemistry + lab (high school AP Chemistry not accepted)
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Biostatistics (Inferential Statistics)
- Participate in the RN to BSN Online Orientation.
- Successfully participate in the prerequisite course, Introduction to Online Learning, which assesses the student’s ability to be a successful student in the online environment. Students must successfully complete this course to proceed into the RN to BSN program.
- Communicate with Financial Aid to discuss and receive an estimate of financial obligations and available financial assistance resources.
- Own or have access to a web-connected device capable of running modern software and streaming media including web-conferencing applications such as ZOOM. Refer to Student Technology Requirements for specific details.
You do not need to figure it out all on your own! Email your transcript(s) to our admissions advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized unofficial review of your transcripts and receive specific feedback about what courses you need to complete your RN to BSN program.
Students can receive transfer credit for previous nursing education through the following:
- Up to 70 transfer credits accepted from the ADN or Diploma in Nursing program (39 lower division general education units and 31 nursing units in an ADN or Diploma program).
- To demonstrate prior learning and experience, students accepted into the RN-BSN program who have passed the NCLEX-RN licensure exam may be awarded up to 15 units of credit (10 units of lower division credit and 5 units of upper division credit) These units are awarded on an individual basis.
Students must complete a minimum of 30 credits of the 120 credits necessary for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, in residence.
Post Admissions Requirements:
Casa Loma College has partnered with Castle Branch to track your immunizations/tests and other required information needed for clinical compliancy. Please see all requirements in this section. You will be asked to upload your information to CastleBranch. You must be current in all requirements throughout the academic program. Specific details will be provided upon admission acceptance.
Overview of general requirements:
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- CPR certification (BCLS) valid throughout program
- History and Physical examination
- Immunization documentation
- Negative TB Skin Test (or equivalent documentation demonstrating absence of active TB disease) valid throughout program
- Valid Driver License
- Proof of current auto insurance
- Proof of professional liability insurance