RN-BSN PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
Take the Next Step
to Your Future
Find Your Program, Classes Start Soon!
News / Blog
What Are the Duties of a Medical Sonographer?
Sonographers help to prepare patients for the scan by recording their healt
As scientific thought began to work its way to the forefront, those ideas were treated like wives’ tales or folklore. So, in today's world we can rely on science to point the way towards foods that contribute to optimal cognitive function and we no longer have to spend our time foraging for mini
A team of researchers examined the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI
A study conducted by a team of researchers from the U.S. National Institutes of Health found brain damage in patients who died of COVID-19.
The 25-year-old female patient had been diagnosed with COVID-19, with symptoms including anosmia (loss of smell) and ageusia (loss of taste). Experience with her case was reported by Dr. Khaled Gad, PhD, and Ismail Ibrahi
Trained and licensed Physical Therapist Assistants should have little trouble finding job opportunities for the foreseeable future.
There is a high demand for physical therapist assistants, especially due to the aging baby boomers who are more susceptible to chron
Blind Test Shows AI-Enhanced MRI Scans Are Just as Good B
Registered Nursing to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) Requirements
Steps for Admission to the Registered Nursing to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
- Complete the online application and submit non-refundable processing fee.
- Meet the college general admissions requirements
- Exception: applicants for the RN to BSN program are not required to take admissions exam
- A current, unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Students awaiting their licensure may be admitted as a Pre-RN-BSN student, if they meet all other admissions criteria, but must show proof of licensure prior to entering the second semester. Failure to present a valid RN license will result in dismissal from the college until such time license is current and unencumbered.
- Official transcripts from a fully accredited Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing program.
- Official transcripts from all other postsecondary work completed
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one reference should be from current or recent nursing faculty, RNs who have supervised your work, or a professional who has supervised your work. The second can be from a co-worker or other professional reference).
- Prior to admission, specific general education courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher. Students not transferring in the required lower division general education courses, will be required to complete the general education courses before full admission in to the RN-BSN program will be granted.
- Human Anatomy + lab
- Human Physiology + lab
- General Microbiology + lab
- General College Chemistry + lab (high school AP Chemistry not accepted)
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Biostatistics (Inferential Statistics)
- Participate in the RN to BSN Online Orientation.
- Successfully participate in the prerequisite course, Introduction to Online Learning, which assesses the student’s ability to be a successful student in the online environment. Students must successfully complete this course to proceed into the RN to BSN program.
- Communicate with Financial Aid to discuss and receive an estimate of financial obligations and available financial assistance resources.
- Own or have access to a web-connected device capable of running modern software and streaming media including web-conferencing applications such as ZOOM. Refer to Student Technology Requirements for specific details.
You do not need to figure it out all on your own! Email your transcript(s) to our admissions advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized unofficial review of your transcripts and receive specific feedback about what courses you need to complete your RN to BSN program.
Students can receive transfer credit for previous nursing education through the following:
- Up to 70 transfer credits accepted from the ADN or Diploma in Nursing program (39 lower division general education units and 31 nursing units in an ADN or Diploma program).
- To demonstrate prior learning and experience, students accepted into the RN-BSN program who have passed the NCLEX-RN licensure exam may be awarded up to 15 units of credit (10 units of lower division credit and 5 units of upper division credit) These units are awarded on an individual basis.
Students must complete a minimum of 30 credits of the 120 credits necessary for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, in residence.
Post Admissions Requirements:
Casa Loma College has partnered with Castle Branch to track your immunizations/tests and other required information needed for clinical compliancy. Please see all requirements in this section. You will be asked to upload your information to CastleBranch. You must be current in all requirements throughout the academic program. Specific details will be provided upon admission acceptance.
Overview of general requirements:
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- CPR certification (BCLS) valid throughout program
- History and Physical examination
- Immunization documentation
- Negative TB Skin Test (or equivalent documentation demonstrating absence of active TB disease) valid throughout program
- Valid Driver License
- Proof of current auto insurance
- Proof of professional liability insurance