If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
While women are twice as likely to experience post-traumatic stress, it is a disorder that affects both genders and all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic barriers. The extreme stress and anxi
Water is cheap and healthy. And drinking H2O is an effective way for most people to stay hydrated. The National A
That’s according to a new joint report from U.S. careers advice site TopInterview and job search platform Resume-Library, which ranked personality among the top three factors most employers look for in new hires.
We thank all of our graduates and employers for their continued commitment to the excellence of our progra
While there is still a concerted effort being made to put an end to the destruction that has already been caused and, hopefully, reverse it, there is st
Program Information Night
Our Program Information Night is for prospective students who are looking for more information about Casa Loma College, our programs and support programs, as well as the admissions and financial aid process. The session lasts abou
Registered Nursing to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
Casa Loma College is an open admissions College, however, acceptance into the RN to BSN Program is limited. Acceptance into the program is based on applicants meeting not only the general admissions requirements but also fulfilling the specialized admissions requirements for the RN to BSN program.
The following are the Admissions Criteria for the RN to BSN Program:
RN to BSN program applicants must submit a portfolio by a specified date (provided to applicants during the admissions process). The contents of the portfolio must include:
- A current, unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Students awaiting their licensure may be admitted as a Pre-RN-BSN student, if they meet all other admissions criteria, but must show proof of licensure prior to entering the second semester. Failure to present a valid RN license will result in dismissal from the college until such time license is current and unencumbered.
- Official transcripts from a fully accredited Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing program. (To be considered official, your transcript must come from your educational institution by mail, email, or hand delivered in the original sealed envelope. Copies of the transcript from the student are not accepted.)
- Official transcripts from all other postsecondary work completed
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one reference should be from current or recent nursing faculty, RNs who have supervised your work, or a professional who has supervised your work. The second can be from a co-worker or other professional reference).
In addition, students must provide documentation of the following:
- Prior to admission, the following general education courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher. Students not transferring in the required lower division general education courses, will be required to complete the general education courses before full admission in to the RN-BSN program will be granted.
- Human Anatomy + lab
- Human Physiology + lab
- General Microbiology + lab
- General College Chemistry + lab (high school AP Chemistry not accepted)
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Biostatistics (Inferential Statistics)
Students must also:
- Submit a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 to cover the administrative cost of application and enrollment processing.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor to discuss and get an estimate of their financial obligations and available financial assistance resources.
- Complete and sign enrollment agreement and all other program disclosures.
- Own or have access to a web-connected device capable of running modern software and streaming media including web-conferencing applications such as ZOOM (minimum technology requirements outlined below)
- Complete the pre-requisite 2-week Introduction to Online Learning class introducing the student to the online learning environment using Moodle’s course management system and assessing your ability to be a successful online student. (Dates for class provided during admissions process)
You do not need to figure it out all on your own! Email your transcript(s) to our admissions advisors at email@example.com for a personalized unofficial review of your transcripts and receive specific feedback about what courses you need to complete your RN to BSN program.
Students can receive transfer credit for previous nursing education through the following:
- Up to 70 transfer credits accepted from the ADN or Diploma in Nursing program (39 lower division general education units and 31 nursing units in an ADN or Diploma program).
- To demonstrate prior learning and experience, students accepted into the RN-BSN program who have passed the NCLEX-RN licensure exam may be awarded up to 15 units of credit (10 units of lower division credit and 5 units of upper division credit) These units are awarded on an individual basis.
Students must complete a minimum of 25% or 30 of the 120 required credits required for the BSN degree from Casa Loma College.
Post Admissions Requirements:
Casa Loma College has partnered with Castle Branch to track your immunizations/tests and other required information needed for clinical compliance. Please see all requirements in this section. You will be asked to upload your information to CastleBranch. You must be current in all requirements throughout the academic program. Specific details will be provided upon admission acceptance.
This is an overview of general requirements:
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- CPR certification (BCLS) valid throughout program
- History and Physical examination
- Immunization documentation
- Negative TB Skin Test (or equivalent documentation demonstrating absence of active TB disease) valid throughout program
- Valid Driver License
- Proof of current auto insurance
- Proof of professional liability insurance