If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
CLC student 1710A, MRI Graduate Class of 2019
We enter the classroom, bright eyed and full of eagerness to learn of the explorations of our future chosen careers. While we sit comfortably, (for the most part), in our well-lit educational environment, notebooks blank and our pens waiting to start filling the pages with unknown and new information. The instructor really doesn’t share with you the reality, the fears, and the hard work that goes into
The word RESILIENCE has become quite the buzzword in current media and marketing. Terms and concepts related to the idea of being resilient seem to pack quite a bit of value-added to products and services that claim to make you more resilient.
Clearly, as a public, we love the word and we love the idea of being resilient but what does it really mean?
Resilience is much more than just a buzzword. It’s also more than being prepared for adversity, an
Stop resisting the inevitable and prepare yourself properly.
Our lives have abruptly and drastically shifted. For some, this means the ground is shuffling beneath you now and you have to alter your positioning to avoid falling.
For others, you may get a much-needed respite from the demands of an over-scheduled, stretched-too-thin lifestyle, but the stuckness of inactivity is beginning to set in.
We’re in the midst of a significant
Have you ever finished a conversation and realized that you still had a ton of questions or comments and are actually not really sure what the end result of the conversation was? Or for that matter, do certain conversations leave you completely drained and feeling sort of spacey?
These are all signs that what’s happening isn’t really communication in the
“What’s your passion?”
These students, having a passion that matches their skill set with reality aligning ever so perfectly, answer effortlessly. “Well, I’ve always been passionate about helping children, I love science and everyone in my family is a doctor, so I definitely want to pursue that field. I want to be a pediatrician. In fact, I have since I w
are under attack every single day!
Additives to “enhance” flavor, preservatives to “protect” texture,
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Leadership and Management (AHLM)
The success and promotion of allied healthcare professional depends highly on leadership ability. Over the next decade, hiring enough quality healthcare professionals and optimizing clinical staff to cover the rising demand for patient services will be among the biggest challenges facing the healthcare industry. Most healthcare organizations do not have the capacity or expertise in workforce solutions to keep up with the intensely competitive, and rapidly changing healthcare environment and are relying on institutions such as Casa Loma College to provide the personnel to fill these important positions.
At Casa Loma College we empower Allied Health professionals to adopt a lifelong learning framework that includes applied knowledge and evidence-based practices so they can make considerable differences in the lives of people utilizing the healthcare system.
A career in the allied health leadership and management makes you highly employable, allows you to help people every day and gives you the flexibility to live and work anywhere. With a higher-level degree, you can position yourself ahead of the game, ready for the rapidly changing healthcare environment.
The B.S. in Allied Health Leadership and Management is a bachelor’s degree completion program for individuals who are credentialed health care professionals and who have earned an associate’s degree. The program is also for those who are credentialed health care professionals who have completed accredited certificate or diploma programs in allied health.
The AHLM program is three (3) semesters consisting of 37 credits and can be completed in as little as 11 months. Total credits for the Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Leadership and Management is 120 credits.
- Community and Culture in Allied Health
- Teach and Learn in Allied Health
- Managing Allied Health Professionals
- Information Management in Healthcare
- Attain proficiency in the concepts, theories, and methods of inquiry pertinent to allied health leadership
- Develop essential competencies in organizational management, including skills for interprofessional collaboration
- Integrate knowledge of an allied health care field with the dynamics and complexity of the health care industry
- Demonstrate strategies to incorporate a variety of cultural frameworks into allied health practice
- Understand Interprofessional team dynamics within the framework of Critical Incident Response within the healthcare setting.
- Utilize data gathering tools for analysis and decision-making in critical response situations within the health care setting.
- Practice appropriate competency in oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Conduct research, drawing on and documenting a variety of sources deemed appropriate for academic work and synthesize findings in a coherent way
- Analyze the social, legal, and economic aspects of a problem/ situation in order to devise an appropriate strategy for problem solving
- Develop skills to identify and coordinate ethical organizational behavior within the healthcare system
Advantages of Casa Loma College AHLM Degree
- 100% fully online
- We will transfer in your allied health discipline associate’s degree – giving you a head start towards your bachelor’s degree.
- Faculty who are current professionals in the healthcare field, providing you real-world expertise
Interested in learning more before applying? Contact us by calling 800-270-5052, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Admissions.
Stephanie Shelburne, PhD, NhD
Director of AHLM
Kari Allen-Hammer, PhD
Laura Tadd, PhD