AHLM PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
Take the Next Step
to Your Future
Find Your Program, Classes Start Soon!
News / Blog
What Are the Duties of a Medical Sonographer?
Sonographers help to prep...
As scientific thought began to work its way to the forefront, those ideas were treated like wives’ tales or folklore. So, in today's world we can rely on science to point the way towards foods that contribute to optimal cognitive function and we n...
A team of resear...
A study conducted by a team of researchers from the U.S. National Institutes of Health found brain damage in patients who died of COVID-19.
The 25-year-old female patient had been diagnosed with COVID-19, with symptoms including anosmia (loss of smell) and ageusia (loss of taste). Experience with her case was ...
Trained and licensed Physical Therapist Assistants should have little trouble finding job opportunities for the foreseeable future.
There is a high demand for physical therapist assistants, especially due to the ag...
Blind Test Show...
Allied Health Leadership and Management (AHLM) Requirements
Steps for Admission to the Allied Health Leadership and Management (AHLM)
- Complete the online application and submit non-refundable processing fee.
- Meet the college general admissions requirements
- Exception: applicants for the AHLM program are not required to take admissions exam
- A conferred associate degree in an allied health discipline or other health related discipline.
- Official transcripts and proof of graduation from an accredited institution earning an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or Associate of Science (A.S.).
- Completion of all associate degree course work with a grade of C or higher. Students not transferring in the required lower division general education courses, will be required to complete the general education courses before full admission in to the AHLM program will be granted.
- Official transcripts from all other postsecondary work completed
- Portfolio. To include:
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Admissions Essay: The Admissions Essay is of considerable importance and is your opportunity to reveal your best qualities and to show the admissions committee what makes you stand out from other applicants. We are looking for the applicant that knows themselves well, has academic goals and a career direction and can articulate them clearly. Choose a topic that recounts “that moment when” …
In your own voice, tell a story that reveals a defining moment that helped to shape who you are today and influences who you’ll be tomorrow. In other words, the story should give the admissions committee a real sense of your unique personality, characteristics, and qualities.You can write about pretty much anything – an experience, an inanimate object, a movie, a place, a person – as long as your essay reveals how that experience, thing, movie, place, or person made an impact on you.The Admissions Essay must be typed, approximately 400-500 words, and submitted in proper format for an essay. For help on formatting an essay refer to: http://www2.ivcc.edu/rambo/eng1001/format.htm or https://style.mla.org/formatting-papers/
- Career Specific Questions: In 250 words or less answer the following four questions.
- Why did you decide to go after leadership training and education?
- How do you feel quality leadership impacts patient care?
- What will make you stand out as a leader?
- Attend and participate in the AHLM Online program orientation.
- Successfully complete Introduction to Learning (IOL) which assesses the students’ abilities and prepares the student for successful learning and navigation in online education.
Any applicant not meeting all the general admission and programmatic admission requirements will be denied admission into the program.