MRI PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
Take the Next Step
to Your Future
Find Your Program, Classes Start Soon!
The college offers accelerated hybrid programs to help you earn a degree in less than two years.
We are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools and we are approved by the California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (CSAAVE) for students to use their GI Bill education benefits.
News / Blog
What Are the Duties of a Medical Sonographer?
Sonographers help to prep...
As scientific thought began to work its way to the forefront, those ideas were treated like wives’ tales or folklore. So, in today's world we can rely on science to point the way towards foods that contribute to optimal cognitive function and we n...
A team of resear...
A study conducted by a team of researchers from the U.S. National Institutes of Health found brain damage in patients who died of COVID-19.
The 25-year-old female patient had been diagnosed with COVID-19, with symptoms including anosmia (loss of smell) and ageusia (loss of taste). Experience with her case was ...
Trained and licensed Physical Therapist Assistants should have little trouble finding job opportunities for the foreseeable future.
There is a high demand for physical therapist assistants, especially due to the ag...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Steps for Admission to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Meet the college general admissions requirements
- Applicants must submit a portfolio by a specified date. The contents of the portfolio must include:
- Professional resume
- Admissions Essay: The admissions essay is an important factor in the admissions process, as it is your opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants and show the college, admissions advisors, and program directors what you are truly
Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the program and career field to which you are applying for. How would that program support your goals and interests? passionate about. The admissions essay must be typed, in APA format, and between 250 and 650 words, using the topic below to inspire and structure your response.
- Applicants who have submitted a completed portfolio are then scheduled for either a personal panel interview or an applicant workshop with the Program Director. Date to be announced.
- A health examination performed by a physician/nurse practitioner/physician’s assistant with immunization history including verification through blood work. No student will be admitted with a disqualifying result or failure to meet the specified deadline provided by the Academic Clinical Coordinator.
- Clearance on consumer background report –completed after the start of the program; however, if the criminal background report required discloses violations, even if expunged, the finding may prevent the student from being placed in a clinical externship and the student may be dismissed from the program.
- Meet the essential functions of an MRI Technologist as outlined in the MRI Disclosure: Essential Functions of an MRI Technologist.
- Attend the mandatory program orientation(s). Dates will be announced. Students who do not attend the entire orientation may forfeit their seat in the Program.
- Any applicant not meeting all of the general admission and programmatic admission requirements will be denied admission into the program.