If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
Blind Test Shows AI-Enhanced MRI Scans Are Just as Good B
CLC student 1710A, MRI Graduate Class of 2019
We enter the classroom, bright eyed and full of eagerness to learn of the explorations of our future chosen careers. While we sit comfortably, (for the most part), in our well-lit educational environment, notebooks blank and our pens waiting to start filling the pages with unknown and new information. The instructor really doesn’t share with you the reality, the fears, and the hard work that goes into
The word RESILIENCE has become quite the buzzword in current media and marketing. Terms and concepts related to the idea of being resilient seem to pack quite a bit of value-added to products and services that claim to make you more resilient.
Clearly, as a public, we love the word and we love the idea of being resilient but what does it really mean?
Resilience is much more than just a buzzword. It’s also more than being prepared for adversity, an
Stop resisting the inevitable and prepare yourself properly.
Our lives have abruptly and drastically shifted. For some, this means the ground is shuffling beneath you now and you have to alter your positioning to avoid falling.
For others, you may get a much-needed respite from the demands of an over-scheduled, stretched-too-thin lifestyle, but the stuckness of inactivity is beginning to set in.
We’re in the midst of a significant
Have you ever finished a conversation and realized that you still had a ton of questions or comments and are actually not really sure what the end result of the conversation was? Or for that matter, do certain conversations leave you completely drained and feeling sort of spacey?
These are all signs that what’s happening isn’t really communication in the
“What’s your passion?”
These students, having a passion that matches their skill set with reality aligning ever so perfectly, answer effortlessly. “Well, I’ve always been passionate about helping children, I love science and everyone in my family is a doctor, so I definitely want to pursue that field. I want to be a pediatrician. In fact, I have since I w
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS/Ultrasound Technologist)
Casa Loma College is an open admissions College, however, acceptance into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is limited. Acceptance into the program is based on applicants meeting not only the general admissions requirements but also fulfilling the specialized admissions requirements for the DMS program.
The following are the Admissions Criteria for the DMS Program:
- Meet the General Admissions Requirements to the College
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Submission of applicants professional resume
- Field Research or Class Audit: Applicants may choose either option below.
- Method 1- Field Research: Interview an Ultrasound technologist. Specific the criteria are provided during the admissions process
- Method 2- Class Audit: Audit 1 classroom lecture or 1 lab class for no less than one hour. Specific the criteria provided during the admissions process.
- Interview with Program Director and other assigned Imaging personnel
- Successfully complete Introduction to Online Learning (IOL) which assesses the students’ abilities and prepares the student for successful learning and navigation in online education.
In addition, students must, as continuation of enrollment in the program:
- Prior to a clinical externship, students must provide documentation of a current physical exam with proof of immunization of the following: T-dap, Varicella and MMR, proof of PPD or chest x-ray, Hepatitis B or proof of having begun Hepatitis B series or having signed a declination. No student will be permitted into a clinical rotation with a disqualifying result or failure to meet the specified deadline provided by Clinical Coordinator.
- Clearance on criminal background check –completed after the start of the program; however, if the criminal background report required for clinical placement discloses violations, even if expunged, the finding may prevent the student from being placed in a clinical externship and the student may be dismissed from the program.
Meet the essential functions of a DMS Technologist student; however if a student is or becomes unable to meet the functions during the program and prevents that student from being placed in a clinical externship, the student may be terminated from the program.
The DMS Program requires the commitment of an enthusiastic and dedicated student. It also takes a student willing and dedicated to study and learning, and one who comes into the program with either a background in the health care field and/or one with a good understanding of what the health care field and this program of consists of.