If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
If you’re looking for a career that offers tremendous growth potential and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives, Casa Loma College will prepare you for that career!
General Admissions Requirements
A student seeking admission to Casa Loma College must meet the general admissions requirements in addition to the requirements of their specific degree program.
Casa Loma College prides itself on our well qualified and experienced faculty and support staff. We are currently seeking qualified people for the following positions.
Find the people and services available at Casa Loma College
News / Blog
Three years later, the 59-year-old searches for the words to describe it. “It wasn’t sudden, but over time, I knew in my mind that something was different. I wasn’t able to manage some of the stuff that I had been doing before.” He speaks slowly and carefully. “I found that people were seeing what was going on with me. As that went on, it came to a head. I was diagnosed with Alzheimer
As you pass by the third-floor offices, you will see a new face in the Registrar’s Office. We can thank Google for Kimberly’s arrival at Casa Loma as she had heard through the grapevine there was a registrar position open – she googled Casa Loma and there were so many positive comments from former students about the staff and faculty that she was immediately impressed and decided to apply for the position. Kimberly knew she
Steven is a welcome addition to the College and our Admissions Department.
Steven recently graduated from CSUN with a B.A. in Political Science with an emphasis on Law & Society, choosing Political Science as he felt it encompassed a variety of subjects that would cultivate his mind into different areas of society. Steven came to Casa Loma to pursue a career in the education field and to aid
Program Information Night
Our Program Information Night is for prospective students who are looking for more information about Casa Loma College, our programs and support programs, as well as the admissions and financial aid process. The session lasts abou
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS/Ultrasound Technologist)
Casa Loma College is an open admissions College, however, acceptance into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is limited. Acceptance into the program is based on applicants meeting not only the general admissions requirements but also fulfilling the specialized admissions requirements for the DMS program.
The following are the Admissions Criteria for the DMS Program:
- Meet the General Admissions Requirements to the College
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Submission of applicants professional resume
- Field Research or Class Audit: Applicants may choose either option below.
- Method 1- Field Research: Interview an Ultrasound technologist. Specific the criteria are provided during the admissions process
- Method 2- Class Audit: Audit 1 classroom lecture or 1 lab class for no less than one hour. Specific the criteria provided during the admissions process.
- Interview with Program Director and other assigned Imaging personnel
- Successfully complete Introduction to Online Learning (IOL) which assesses the students’ abilities and prepares the student for successful learning and navigation in online education.
In addition, students must, as continuation of enrollment in the program:
- Prior to a clinical externship, students must provide documentation of a current physical exam with proof of immunization of the following: T-dap, Varicella and MMR, proof of PPD or chest x-ray, Hepatitis B or proof of having begun Hepatitis B series or having signed a declination. No student will be permitted into a clinical rotation with a disqualifying result or failure to meet the specified deadline provided by Clinical Coordinator.
- Clearance on criminal background check –completed after the start of the program; however, if the criminal background report required for clinical placement discloses violations, even if expunged, the finding may prevent the student from being placed in a clinical externship and the student may be dismissed from the program.
Meet the essential functions of a DMS Technologist student; however if a student is or becomes unable to meet the functions during the program and prevents that student from being placed in a clinical externship, the student may be terminated from the program.
The DMS Program requires the commitment of an enthusiastic and dedicated student. It also takes a student willing and dedicated to study and learning, and one who comes into the program with either a background in the health care field and/or one with a good understanding of what the health care field and this program of consists of.