DMS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
If you’re ready to earn your degree, Casa Loma College has the programs to help you meet your career goals. We welcome students with the academic preparation and motivation to successfully complete a college degree program.
Take the Next Step
to Your Future
Find Your Program, Classes Start Soon!
News / Blog
What Are the Duties of a Medical Sonographer?
Sonographers help to prepare patients for the scan by recording their healt
As scientific thought began to work its way to the forefront, those ideas were treated like wives’ tales or folklore. So, in today's world we can rely on science to point the way towards foods that contribute to optimal cognitive function and we no longer have to spend our time foraging for mini
A team of researchers examined the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI
A study conducted by a team of researchers from the U.S. National Institutes of Health found brain damage in patients who died of COVID-19.
The 25-year-old female patient had been diagnosed with COVID-19, with symptoms including anosmia (loss of smell) and ageusia (loss of taste). Experience with her case was reported by Dr. Khaled Gad, PhD, and Ismail Ibrahi
Trained and licensed Physical Therapist Assistants should have little trouble finding job opportunities for the foreseeable future.
There is a high demand for physical therapist assistants, especially due to the aging baby boomers who are more susceptible to chron
Blind Test Shows AI-Enhanced MRI Scans Are Just as Good B
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Requirements
Steps for Admission to Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS/Ultrasound Technologist)
- Meet the college general admissions requirements
- Portfolio. To include:
- Professional resume including any prior post-secondary education
- Admissions Essay: The Admissions Essay is of considerable importance and is your opportunity to reveal your best qualities and to show the admissions committee what makes you stand out from other applicants. We are looking for the applicant that knows themselves well, has academic goals and a career direction and can articulate them clearly. Choose a topic that recounts “that moment when” In your own voice, tell a story that reveals a defining moment that helped to shape who you are today and influences who you’ll be tomorrow. In other words, the story should give the admissions committee a real sense of your unique personality, characteristics, and qualities. You can write about pretty much anything – an experience, an inanimate object, a movie, a place, a person – as long as your essay reveals how that experience, thing, movie, place, or person made an impact on you. The Admissions Essay must be typed, approximately 400-500 words, and submitted in proper format for an essay. For help on formatting an essay refer to: http://www2.ivcc.edu/rambo/eng1001/format.htm or https://style.mla.org/formatting-papers/
- Career Specific Questions: In 250 words or less answer the following four questions.
- How did you become interested in sonography?
- Why are you certain that sonography is a good career choice?
- What are the job responsibilities required of a sonographer?
- What personal qualities should a person possess for this type of career?
- A health examination performed by a physician/nurse practitioner/physician’s assistant with immunization history including verification through blood work. No student will be admitted with a disqualifying result or failure to meet the specified deadline provided by the Academic Clinical Coordinator.
- Clearance on consumer background report –completed after the start of the program; however, if the criminal background report required discloses violations, even if expunged, the finding may prevent the student from being placed in a clinical externship and the student may be dismissed from the program.
- Meet the essential functions of a DMS Technologist as outlined in the DMS Disclosure: Essential Functions – Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Attend the mandatory program orientation(s). Dates will be announced. Students who do not attend the entire orientation may forfeit their seat in the Program.
Any applicant not meeting all of the general admission and programmatic admission requirements will be denied admission into the program.